Sunday 11 September 2011

Overcoming obstacles

As I continue on this project to create a masterpiece there are obstacles to overcome. One of them is lack of time. My studio is set up in my garage, so due to the lack of ventilation I open the front of the garage. This is fine great because it means I am practically painting outdoors. the only problem is that winter is just finished on the calendar but it weather is going on like it is still winter. So, it is finding the time during daylight hours, when it is not too cold which can be a challenge. I have a great family who I love spending time with, and so the painting sometimes sits on the back-burner.  I managed to do a little bit this weekend.
The other obstacle to overcome, is a doubt that sometimes creeps in that says I am not good enough to paint a masterpiece. Then I look at what I've done, and give myself some harsh critique and then I wonder if I really can do this project justice. But then I look to what I have done in the past, and realise that somehow I will find my way through to the vision I have at the end. I also spend a lot of time just staring at the canvas trying to work out what needs to be done, and what I need to do next.
It is very relaxing though, as I haven't given myself any time goals to complete this by. Just plod along and enjoy the ride.
As you can see from the photos below, I have started making the reflections more detailed, and also started a new canvas which will sit below the first two, which is a continuation of the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment